What Is Covered By Our New Vehicle Limited Warranty?
Here at Premier Kia of Kenner, we are proud to sell the new Kia model lineup because we are confident in the quality and durability of every new Kia that rolls off the assembly line. So much so, that the basic warranty covers your new Kia vehicle for 60 months or 60,000 miles from the Date of First Service. This warranty does not cover items excluded in the manual or wear and maintenance items.
As the original owner of your new Kia, you have the benefit of an added Powertrain Limited Warranty that begins when your 60 month/60,000 mile Basic Limited Warranty Coverage expires. For the next 120 months or 100,000 miles, Kia will continue to cover the following components:
- In the Engine: Cylinder block and head, all internal parts, valve cover, flywheel, timing gear, seals, gaskets, water pump, turbo charger, and oil pump.
- In the Transaxle: All internal parts and case of the transmission, driveshafts, torque converter, front hubs, universal joints, bearings, gaskets, and seals.
- In the Axles: C-V joints and axle shafts, seals, wheel bearings, and hub.
- In the Front and Rear Differentials: assemblies, cases, all internal parts, seals, and gaskets.
- In the Propeller Shafts: Universal joints and driveshafts
At a glance, the Kia limited warranty program consists of:
- 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
- 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan
- 5-year/100,000 mile anti-perforation
- 1-Year/12,000 mile service adjustment
- 3-year/36,000 mile original equipment battery
- 3-year/36,000 mile paint
- 3-year/36,000 mile audio / entertainment
Each provides coverage until either the yearly or total mileage figure is reached, whichever comes first. If you would like to bring your car in for service, you can schedule your Kia service online. When you arrive, we'll be sure to let you know if your warranty covers any of the services we plan to perform.
It should be noted that the 120 month/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty cannot be transferred to subsequent owners. This warranty is only available to the original owner of the vehicle. The following items are covered for periods different from the 60 month/60,000 mile basic coverage plan.
Maintenance responsibilities: If you fail to perform the manufacturer's recommended maintenance, such as oil changes and other periodic services and your failure causes a breakdown, this will result in loss of your protection under this Limited Warranty. Maintenance records from the date of sale supported by receipts indicating dates, mileage and service performed must be kept during the term of this Limited Warranty and made available to the Selling Dealer or Administrator on request.