Compact crossovers or CUVs continue to be a top choice with drivers and families due to their brilliant blend of efficiency, agility and versatility, and Kia builds some of the most popular models in this burgeoning vehicle segment. Every driver is familiar with the stylish and sporty Kia Soul, and the automaker has added to its winning selection of CUVs with the Niro hybrid crossover as well as the all-new 2021 Seltos compact CUV.
With so many fantastic Kia crossover options to choose from, the team here at Premier Kia of Kenner is here to assist CUV shoppers with selecting the right Kia for their lifestyle, preferences and budget. Whether you live nearby our Kenner, Louisiana, dealership or across the country, we welcome you to review our detailed comparison of three Kia models to help determine which is your ideal crossover!
Here, we'll review how the all-new 2021 Kia Seltos and the 2020 Niro and 2020 Soul stack up in cabin space and features as well as performance and efficiency. By the end of this comparison, we think you'll have a favorite or two that you'll want to explore further with a detailed tour and test drive at your local Kia dealer.
|2021 Seltos||2020 Niro||2020 Soul|
|Engine||2.0L 4-Cylinder Engine||1.6 L 4-cylinder and Full-Parallel Hybrid System||2.0L 4-Cylinder Engine|
|Horsepower||147 HP||139 HP||147 HP|
|Torque||132 lb.-ft.||195 lb.-ft.||132 lb.-ft.|
|Legroom (Front / Rear||41.4 / 38.0 in.||41.7 / 37.4 in.||41.1 / 38.8 in.|
|Standard Cargo Volume||26.6 cu. ft.||19.4 cu. ft.||24.2 cu. ft.|
|Maximum Cargo Capacity||62.8 cu. ft.||54.5 cu. ft.||62.1 cu. ft.|
|Available AWD System||Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive (AWD) w/ Lock Mode||None||None|
Kia CUV Interiors
- Seating: Each of the three Kia crossovers or CUVs mentioned here comes with seating for up to five occupants in two rows. As these are compact models, there is no option for additional seating provided in a third row. For seating for seven or more occupants, see Kia's larger SUVs, the Sorento and Telluride.
- Interior Space: Kia's three compact CUVs compared here all offer generous interior volume for up to five passengers plus a spacious rear cargo area. When it comes to passenger space, legroom is often a top criteria. Luckily for Kia crossover shoppers, all three of these models offer more than 41 inches of front legroom and around 38 inches of legroom for rear-seat passengers.
- Cargo Capacity: When it comes to cargo volume, the 2021 Kia Seltos proves to be the most versatile of the bunch: it offers the most standard and maximum cargo capacity. Coming in a close second-place is the 2020 Soul, offering nearly as much cargo volume with the rear seats up or down as the slightly more spacious Seltos. With the 2020 Kia Niro, you'll sacrifice just a bit of cargo capacity to enjoy its highly advanced gas-electric powertrain. Still, the Niro is one of the most versatile and fuel-efficient CUVs available!
- Infotainment: All three CUVs offer Kia's intuitive UVO system with a large center touchscreen display.
Kia CUV Performance
- Engine: The Kia Seltos and Soul models both come standard-equipped with a 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine, developing 147 hp. In comparison, the Niro hybrid crossover utilizes Kia's 1.6-liter inline 4-cylinder gas engine and Full-Parallel Hybrid System to generate a total system output of 139 hp. With its impressive 195 lb.-ft. of torque, the new Niro offers the most standard torque among the bunch. Both the 2021 Seltos and 2020 Soul are available with more potent, 1.6-liter turbocharged engines that increase horsepower, torque and excitement!
- Drivetrain: The 2021 Seltos S boasts standard front-wheel drive (FWD), but every other edition of this compact crossover boasts Kia's Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Center Lock. The 2020 Niro and Soul models are only offered with front-wheel drive to help maximize fuel efficiency.
- Transmission: The all-new 2021 Seltos starts with an Intelligent Variable Transmission that's virtually gearless; the available turbo-four engine is coupled with a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox. Depending on the trim level and engine selected, the 2020 Soul offers a 6-speed manual, Intelligent Variable Transmission or 7-speed DCT automatic. Every 2020 Niro hybrid features a dual-clutch 6-speed automatic transmission.
Every new Kia vehicle -- including all three CUVs compared here -- enjoys Kia's industry-leading 10-year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty, along with other impressive warranty coverage. In total, your new Kia of choice comes with a:
- 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
- 5-year/60,000-mile limited basic coverage
- 5-year/100,000-mile limited anti-perforation warranty
- 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance plan
Tour & Test Drive These New Compact CUVs at Premier Kia of Kenner
So which of these Kia compact crossovers has you wanting to schedule a tour and test drive? Maybe all three? Premier Kia of Kenner proudly stocks all three of these Kia compact CUV models for local motorists to explore. If you're in the area, we invite you to visit us near New Orleans for a closer look at any or all of these agile and versatile Kia crossovers for sale.
Crossover and SUV shoppers from throughout Louisiana and beyond can shop our Kenner, LA, Kia dealership online at any time to browse our current selection of competitively-priced new Kia cars for sale. Plus, with our convenient online finance application, you can even get pre-qualified for auto loans through our website before your visit.
We're the home of low prices on new and used Kia vehicles around New Orleans, and we also provide affordable Kia lease specials should you decide to lease instead of buy your new Kia!