Since we live in the digital age, there's no doubting how essential convenience is. Automotive engineers are constantly updating software and tweaking Kia models to ensure that vehicles are more user-friendly and technologically advanced than ever.
Apple CarPlay is the system that allows drivers to sync their iPhone’s technology with their Kia vehicle. The system is available through Kia's UVO display screen.
So, how does Apple CarPlay enhance your driving experience? Apple CarPlay provides a safe and simple way to access your iPhone’s features as you drive. Let’s go over the ways in which Apple CarPlay will help you stay in control and connected in your Kia.
● Stream Your Music: Apple CarPlay offers a variety of ways to enjoy your favorite tunes as you drive. You can use your car’s built-in controls to stream your music from Apple Music or other audio apps. You can even control your music hands-free by asking Siri to play your favorite song.
● Make Phone Calls: Gone are the days when you had to pick up your phone to make a call in your vehicle. Apple CarPlay lets you use your voice to tell Siri to make calls and even play your voicemails.
● Hands-Free Messaging: With Apple CarPlay, you can keep your eyes on the road and still send that text you’ve been needing to send. Simply tell Siri what you’d like to say, and your message will be sent for you. Siri will also read your incoming texts out loud so you won’t have to look down at your phone.
● Find Your Way with Maps: Apple CarPlay adds a new level of efficiency to navigation. Not only does Apple CarPlay help you get to your destination with Apple Maps, but it also uses addresses from your texts, contacts, or calendars to predict your destination. It’ll also help you explore your surroundings by showing 3D landmarks, must-see destinations, and nearby locations in unprecedented detail.
● Turn Your iPhone into Your Car Keys: Apple CarPlay lets you unlock your vehicle and start it up directly from your iPhone. You can access this feature even after your phone dies for up to five hours.
● Keep Up with Your Calendar: Use your Calendar app with Apple CarPlay to view your upcoming schedule and plan your day from the road.
Apple CarPlay was designed to make it easy for drivers to access and control its features. You have a few options when it comes to using Apple CarPlay. For instance, you can use your vehicle’s touchscreen to control its features. You can also use your vehicle’s buttons, knobs, or dials to control CarPlay. Arguably the best way to access Apple CarPlay is through Sir voice control, which can be activated by pressing and holding the voice control button located on your vehicle’s steering wheel.
If driving a vehicle with Apple CarPlay is a priority to you, you’ll be glad to hear that many new Kia models come with Apple CarPlay. Here are the Kia models with standard or available Apple CarPlay:
Here are the past models with Apple CarPlay, broken down by trim level:
|2021-Present Seltos||Standard on all trim models.|
|2019-Present K900||Standard for Luxury trim.|
||Standard for LX, S, SX and SX trims in 2020.|
|2017-Present Kia Optima (midsize sedan)||Available for LX, LX 1.6T trims; standard for EX, SX and SXL trims in 2017. Available for LX, LX 1.6T, S trims; standard for EX and SX trims in 2018. For 2019, standard on all trims.|
|2017-Present Kia Sorento (SUV):||Available for LX, LX V6 trims; standard for EX, EX V6, SX V6, SXL V6 trims.|
|2017-Present Kia Sportage(small SUV)||Available in LX trim; standard in EX, SX Turbo trims.|
|2018-Present Kia Stinger||Standard on 2.0L, Premium, GT, GT1, and GT2 trims|
|2017-Present Kia Cadenza (large sedan)||Available for Premium trim; standard for Technology and Limited trims.|
|2017-2018 Kia Forte Coupe||Standard in S and EX trims.|
|2017-2018 Kia Forte5 (compact hatchback)||Available for LX trim; standard for EX, SX trims.|
|2018-Present Kia Niro (hybrid crossover)||Standard in all trims.|
|2015 -Present Kia Optima Hybrid (sedan)||Standard|
|2017-Present Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid (sedan)||Standard.|
|2015-Present Kia Soul (crossover)||Available for Plus (+) trim; standard in Exclaim trim.|
If you have questions about the available vehicles on our lot, contact us!