If you're car shopping for Kia vehicles in the Kenner, Louisiana, area, you'll be happy to know that there are plenty of Kia models with Apple CarPlay®.
Since we live in the digital age, there's no doubting how essential convenience is. Automotive engineers are constantly updating software and tweaking Kia models to ensure that vehicles are more user-friendly than ever.
Apple CarPlay is the system that allows drivers to sync their iPhone® technology with their Kia vehicle. The system is available through Kia's UVO display screen.
What Can You Do With Apple CarPlay?
Drivers who utilize Apple CarPlay can use some of their favorite iPhone features, such as:
- Make phone calls: Listening to voicemails can be a hassle when there's no time. If you need to listen to a missed call or book a phone appointment, ask Siri® from your UVO screen or via the steering wheel controls.
- Send hands-free texts: Send a text without tapping a thing. Simply ask for Siri and say the words! She can even read the texts back to you.
- Enjoy music & apps: With our busy schedules, sometimes the only time we're able to enjoy that podcast or audiobook is on the commute from work to the office. Thanks to your Kia vehicle's modifications, you can bask in personalized content from iTunes®!
- Access Predictive Navigation: We all get a little lost sometimes. The days of scrambling around for your phone are gone. Ask Siri about directions by simply saying the address. Apple CarPlay can help you find nearby areas and will even predict where you're heading based on destinations stored in your iPhone.
- Use Siri voice control: This feature allows you to use your voice or steering wheel controls to access your apps.
The best part about Apple CarPlay is that it is entirely hands-free and accessible, thanks to the available UVO software update.
Which Kia Models Have Apple CarPlay?
Great question! If you're shopping around the New Orleans area for a vehicle with prime connectivity, look no further. Between 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Kia cars and SUVs, we are sure to have something with the connectivity you need.
Our dealership anticipates that every brand-new Kia model will have at least one trim option available with Apple CarPlay features. We know that the new Kia Forte will come with Apple CarPlay availability, which is already a win for the previous model years. We gather this based on the 2018 models, where even the Rio and Rio 5-Door made Apple CarPlay available.
Here are the past models with Apple CarPlay, broken down by trim level:
|2021 Seltos||Standard on all trim models.|
|2019-2020 K900||Standard for Luxury trim.|
|2020 Telluride||Standard for LX, S, SX and SX trims in 2020.|
|2017-2020 Kia Optima (midsize sedan)||Available for LX, LX 1.6T trims; standard for EX, SX and SXL trims in 2017. Available for LX, LX 1.6T, S trims; standard for EX and SX trims in 2018. For 2019, standard on all trims.|
|2017 - 2020 Kia Sorento (SUV):||Available for LX, LX V6 trims; standard for EX, EX V6, SX V6, SXL V6 trims.|
|2017 - 2020 Kia Sportage(small SUV)||Available in LX trim; standard in EX, SX Turbo trims.|
|2018-2020 Kia Stinger||Standard on 2.0L, Premium, GT, GT1, and GT2 trims|
|2017 - 2019 Kia Cadenza (large sedan)||Available for Premium trim; standard for Technology and Limited trims.|
|2017-2018 Kia Forte Coupe||Standard in S and EX trims.|
|2017-2018 Kia Forte5 (compact hatchback)||Available for LX trim; standard for EX, SX trims.|
|2018-2020 Kia Niro (hybrid crossover)||Standard in all trims.|
|2015 - 2020 Kia Optima Hybrid (sedan)||Standard|
|2017-2020 Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid (sedan)||Standard.|
|2015 - 2019 Kia Soul (crossover)||Available for Plus (+) trim; standard in Exclaim trim.|
If you have questions about the available vehicles on our lot, contact us!